The Yale Club of San Francisco provides the opportunity, through contact with others whose lives have been impacted by contact with Yale, to remain committed to those values we embraced at Yale. Some are old friends, most will be new friends in whose company you may grow and serve through the schedule of great programs and opportunities provided throughout the year. Benefits of membership include:
- Discounts on admission to most Yale Club events
- Advance notice of events
- Access to “members-only” events
- Full access to our website with its Local Alumni Directory, Bulletin Boards, easy links to shared interest groups
- Increasing the visibility and impact of Yale on our local communities
Your membership dues provide the funds critical for us to continue to broaden the range of activities offered and the constituencies impacted by our efforts. Your active participation in the Club will help us get there even faster!
In addition your membership entitles you to the following benefits from the University Club!
Founded in 1890 by the alumni of multipleuniversities, in an elegant historic clubhouse atop Nob Hill, with a diversemembership dedicated to fellowship and community service, the University Clubof San Francisco is a venue for the City’s cultural and intellectual life, anda worldwide center for the sport of squash. The University Club is a nonprofit organization owned by itsmembers. Individuals are eligible forUniversity Club membership regardless of race, religion, age, gender or sexualorientation. Attire is business casual. www.univclub.com
Other than providing YCSF with a home for its activities and events, the University Club has agreed to extend the following benefits to YCSF members:
1) YCSF members attending scheduled YCSF meetings and events will be welcome to use the UC bar and to book overnight bedrooms on day of event at preferential reciprocal club rates.
2) An annual squash tournament among local Yale alumni and/or against the local alumni of a rival university of your choosing. UC will also host the current Yale varsity team whenever they visit San Francisco and arrange accommodationsand matches against UC members and local teams
3) Exhibition in UC’s rotating art gallery of works by artists and photographers from among local Yale alumni, as well as opportunities for talented local Yale alumni to perform in the University Club’s periodic cabaret nights.
4) Opportunity for YCSF members to apply for UC membership under a special preferential program in which standard initiation fee is reduced by 50%. For those wishing to gain better familiarity with the UC before committingthe initiation fee, UC provides the option to YCSF members of a provisional membership for up to six months, during which period monthly dues are paid but not the initiation fee. (Among the many benefits of UC membership are UC’s reciprocal privileges with 180 clubs throughout the world, including for example The Yale Club of New York, The University Club of Chicago, The University Club of Washington D.C. and The Oxford and Cambridge Club of London).
5) In general, the access to the University Club described herein is extended to YCSF as an organization, not YCSF’s individual members (other than those joining UC as individuals). However, UC will extend to YCSF’S individual members the privilege of using University Club facilitiesand services for private events (such as weddings).